Chris Mangos is the Marketing Division Director for the Miami-Dade Aviation Department, which operates Miami International Airport (MIA). His duties include oversight of passenger and cargo marketing programs, including air service and route development.
Mr. Mangos joined the Aviation Department in 1988, and has held the positions of Chief of Aviation Marketing, Chief of Communications, and Information Officer, prior to his present appointment. His past work experience includes nine years at the Massachusetts Port Authority at Boston Logan International Airport.
Mr. Mangos is a graduate of Bridgewater State College in Massachusetts, having also pursued advanced Spanish studies at Columbus International College in Seville, Spain. His professional studies include course work at the air service development firm of Airport Strategy & Marketing in Manchester, England, and air service data and planning seminars through Airports Council International in Washington, DC.
Mr. Mangos is a member of the International Affairs Committee of Airports Council International (ACI-NA) in Washington, DC, and is a trustee member of The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA). Locally, he serves on the Board of Directors of the World Trade Center - Miami and is a member of the Marketing & Tourism Committee of the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau. In 2010, Mr. Mangos was selected to serve on the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Trade and Transportation Advisory Council. In 2010, he was also selected to serve on the International Trade Advisory Board of Miami-Dade County. In the past, he has served on the Executive Committee and Board of the International Trade Consortium (ITC) of Miami-Dade County.
Born and raised in Massachusetts, Mr. Mangos has resided in the Miami area since 1987.
Meet the Leaders
Director / Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Development
- Facilities Management and Engineering
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airports (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Capital Finance
- Civil Environmental Engineering
- Commodities Management
- Communications & Digital Marketing
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Maintenance
- Facilities Maintenance - Planning, Engineering and Construction
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Program Controls
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Real Estate Management and Development
- Terminal Maintenance
- Terminal Operations
- Utilities Maintenance