Greg Chin is the Communications and Digital Marketing Division Director for the Miami-Dade Aviation Department, responsible for overseeing media relations, advertising, social media and crisis communications for Miami International Airport and Miami-Dade County’s four General Aviation airports.
In his role, Mr. Chin’s duties include: developing all media relations and advertising material and campaigns; handling local, national and international news media outreach, inquiries and interview requests; overseeing social and digital media; and managing internal communications for the Department.
Among his achievements, Mr. Chin helped the Aviation Department earn the top overall award at Airport Council International-North America’s Excellence in Marketing and Communications Awards Contest in 2011 and 2017, ahead of all other airports in the U.S. and Canada. He is also an active member of ACI-NA’s Marketing and Communications Steering Committee and Media Relations Working Group.
Prior to joining the Aviation Department in 2005, he was the Board of County Commissioners Media Liaison for the Miami-Dade County Communications Department from 2002 to 2005, where he coordinated media relations and marketing support for the 13 members of the County’s Board of County Commissioners.
Before beginning public service, Chin gained six years of progressive private sector experience in marketing and public relations at the second-largest health care system in South Florida, as well as an account executive for a top South Florida public relations firm, with clients such as Tenet South Florida HealthSystem, United HealthCare of Florida, Burger King Corporation and Ocean Bank.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in print journalism and political science from the University of Miami, he was an intern writer at The Washington Post Miami bureau and a staff writer for The Miami Herald and The Miami Times before beginning a career in public relations.
Meet the Leaders
Director / Deputy Director / CFO
- Facilities Development
- Facilities Management and Engineering
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airports (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Civil Environmental Engineering
- Commodities Management
- Communications & Digital Marketing
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Maintenance - Planning, Engineering and Construction
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Real Estate Management and Development
- Senior Executive Assistant & Deputy Chief of Staff
- Terminal Maintenance
- Terminal Operations
- Utilities Maintenance