Greg Chin is the Communications Director for the Miami-Dade Aviation Department, responsible for overseeing media relations, advertising and crisis communications for Miami International Airport and Miami-Dade County’s four General Aviation airports.
Mr. Chin manages the Department’s Communications Office, with duties including: developing all media relations and advertising material and campaigns; handling local, national and international news media outreach, inquiries and interview requests; and managing internal Department communications.
Among his achievements, Mr. Chin helped earn the Department the top overall award at Airport Council International-North America’s 2011 Excellence in Marketing and Communications Awards Contest, ahead of 43 other airports in the U.S. and Canada. He is also an active member of the ACI-NA Media Relations Working Group.
Prior to joining the Aviation Department in 2005, he was the Board of County Commissioners Media Liaison for the Miami-Dade County Communications Department from 2002 to 2005, where he coordinated media relations and marketing support for the 13 members of the County’s Board of County Commissioners.
His background also includes six years of progressive private sector experience as a marketing specialist with Tenet South Florida HealthSystem, the second-largest health care system in South Florida, as well as an account executive for a top South Florida public relations firm, with clients such as Tenet South Florida HealthSystem, United HealthCare of Florida, Burger King Corporation and Ocean Bank.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in print journalism and political science from the University of Miami, he was an intern writer at The Washington Post Miami bureau and a staff writer for The Miami Herald and The Miami Times before beginning a career in public relations.
Meet the Leaders
Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Development
- Facilities Management and Engineering
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Senior Executive Assistant & Deputy Chief of Staff
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airports (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Cash Management
- Commodities Management
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Maintenance - Planning, Engineering and Construction
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Public & Customer Relations
- Real Estate Management and Development
- Terminal Maintenance
- Terminal Operations
- Utilities Maintenance