Gregory C. Owens serves as Assistant Director of Business Retention and Development for the Miami-Dade Aviation Department (MDAD), overseeing the Commercial Operations, Hospitality, Marketing and Real Estate Management divisions for MIA and the County’s four General Aviation airports. Previously at MDAD, Owens served as Division Director for Real Estate Management, Coordinator of the $1.3 billion Miami Intermodal Center Development and Coordinator of the North Terminal Development. Before joining MDAD, Owens was Director of Miami-Dade County's Department of Business and Economic Development.
Mr. Owens brought 13 years of commercial banking experience to his public service, last serving as Regional Vice President for Community Reinvestment Lending, South Florida Region, of what was then called First Union National Bank.
During his career, Mr. Owens has received numerous awards and honors, most notably: appointed by the Clinton Administration as a member of the White House Conference on Small Business; recipient of the Minority Business Development Agency’s Regional Award for “Empowering Businesses;” testified before the U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on Economic Growth and Credit; and also testified before the Florida House of Representatives on the formation of a Committee on Banking and Urban Affairs.
Owens is a graduate of Alabama A&M University and Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government, Executive Education.
Meet the Leaders
Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Development
- Facilities Management and Engineering
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Senior Executive Assistant & Deputy Chief of Staff
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airports (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Cash Management
- Commodities Management
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Maintenance - Planning, Engineering and Construction
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Public & Customer Relations
- Real Estate Management and Development
- Terminal Maintenance
- Terminal Operations
- Utilities Maintenance