Jeff Bunting is the Division Director of Noise Abatement at Miami International Airport (MIA) and the Miami-Dade Aviation Department’s four General Aviation (GA) airports, responsible for addressing the aircraft noise concerns of surrounding communities, and is also responsible for the overall operations of the GA airports.
Mr. Bunting has more than 22 years of airport experience in airport operations, airport planning, aircraft noise abatement, wildlife management, zoning, environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, determination of Regional Impacts, permanent and portable noise monitoring systems, noise contour development, environmental issues, runway use plans, land use compatibility, economic development, public presentations and coordination with federal, state and local authorities.
He began his career in 1983 as a noise abatement technician at Westchester County Airport in White Plains, New York, in 1983, where he designed helicopter noise abatement procedures. Two years later, he joined Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport as an airport planner, and was promoted to Noise Compatibility Planner in 1987.
He joined the Miami-Dade Aviation Department in 1993 as Principal Planner, rising to Chief of Aircraft Noise and Environmental Planning in 1998 and then, to the position of Manager in 2003, and was named to his current position in 2007.
Mr. Bunting earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical Management from Arizona State University in 1982. He chairs the Environmental Affairs Committee of the Florida Airport Council. He is also Commissioner of the Optimists Little League Baseball Team in South Florida.
Meet the Leaders
Director / Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Development
- Facilities Management and Engineering
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airports (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Capital Finance
- Civil Environmental Engineering
- Commodities Management
- Communications & Digital Marketing
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Maintenance
- Facilities Maintenance - Planning, Engineering and Construction
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Program Controls
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Real Estate Management and Development
- Terminal Maintenance
- Terminal Operations
- Utilities Maintenance