Sandra Bridgeman is the Controller and Accounting Division Director for the Miami-Dade Aviation Department (MDAD), which operates Miami International Airport and four general aviation airports. Ms. Bridgeman joined the Aviation Department in 2006 and has quickly mastered the complexities of the airports’ finances. Her duties consist primarily of the oversight of the day-to-day accounting functions of the Department, which include revenue control, credit and collections, accounts payable, general ledger and fixed assets and financial process analysis.
Prior to joining MDAD, Ms. Bridgeman was Finance Division Chief for the Miami-Dade County Parks and Recreation Department. In this post, she managed the finances of multiple facilities of diverse disciplines including community parks, beaches, restaurants, marinas, golf courses, two historic mansions and the county’s zoological park.
Other positions with the County have included: Capital Improvement Projects Analyst with the Office of Capital Improvement Construction Coordination, where she dealt with many aspects of construction; and Budget Coordinator with the Parks and Recreation Department, where she kept track of construction projects and their funding.
Ms. Bridgeman has a bachelor’s degree from Barry University and a master’s degree from Florida International University. She is also a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the State of Florida and a member of both the Florida Institute of CPAs and the Government Finance Officers’ Association.
Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Management
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Senior Executive Assistant & Deputy Chief of Staff
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airpors (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Cash Management
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Commodities Management
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Management and Project Administration
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Public & Customer Relations
- Terminal Maintenance
- Utilities Maintenance