In the News: Airports roll out welcome mat for art exhibitions (USA Today)
A View of the Everglades (Diario de las Américas - translated from Spanish)
Una Visión de los Everglades (Diario de las Américas - Spanish version)
International passengers arriving at Miami International Airport’s North Terminal will virtually step off the plane and into America’s Everglades with Experience the Everglades, a collection of 26 vivid, large-scale photographs featuring the reserve’s wildlife and landscapes that now line the walls of the terminal’s international arrivals corridor. The exhibition, which is on display through December, is a partnership between the Miami-Dade Aviation Department’s Division of Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs, Everglades National Park (U.S. National Park Service) and the Everglades Foundation.
“The exhibition is designed to increase awareness of the Everglades globally by giving our international passengers a sampling of it in all its wonder and encourage them to visit in person,” said Yolanda Sánchez, Ph.D., Miami-Dade Aviation Department Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs Division Director. “As Marjory Stoneman Douglas once said, ‘there are no other Everglades in the world.’”
“The great news about Everglades National Park and the ecosystem that supports 67 threatened or endangered species is that passionate, dedicated people are working hard to protect and restore its wonders for all to see,” said Kirk Fordham, CEO, Everglades Foundation. “The stunning photography in this exhibit makes us all appreciate its grandeur and relevance.” Continue
For more information please contact The Division of Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs at 305.876.0749.
Site Specific Projects
- North Terminal D - MIA Flower Fence
- North Terminal D - Andan Volando
- North Terminal D - All We Need is Love
- North Terminal D - Air Chair
- North Terminal - Meltdown
- North Terminal - Peace and Love
- Central Terminal F - Fake Holidays
- Central Terminal F - Waterspaces
- Central Terminal G - How Sweet It Is!
- Central Terminal Skywalk - Gifts from the Sea
- South Terminal H – ALL TOGETHER NOW
- South Terminal H - Carybé Murals
- South Terminal H - Imagined Landscapes
- South Terminal J - Temporary Altars
- South Terminal J 3rd Floor - Hortensia