Ms. Davis began her career with the Miami-Dade Aviation Department at Miami International Airport (MIA) over 30 years ago. At MIA, she earned a series of promotions in public affairs and operations areas before accepting her current position as Director of Public and Customer Relations. She holds the distinction of being the first woman promoted to a management position in operations at MIA, a rarity for women executives in the early 1980s.
As MIA’s Director of Public and Customer Relations, Ms. Davis directs MIA’s award-winning Facebook and Twitter social media channels. She also oversees the airport’s Creative Services Division, as well as all new media. Previously, Ms. Davis held the position of Director of Terminal Operations and Customer Service at MIA, managing a large staff, multi-million dollar contracts and MIA’s vast terminal, which spans more than seven million square feet. She also was featured on the highly successful Travel Channel’s series, Airport 24/7: Miami.
Ms. Davis has implemented innovative programming during her tenure at the airport, including a partnership between MIA and the renowned Disney Institute. MIA is the first U.S. airport to enter into such a partnership. Ms. Davis was also a pioneer in advocating for travelers with disabilities, starting MIA’s ADA advisory task force over 25 years ago - long before the Americans with Disabilities Act was signed into law in 1990.
During her tenure with the Aviation Department, Ms. Davis has distinguished herself as a highly-effective, creative and empathic leader who has developed innovative initiatives focused on passenger care and customer service excellence. She holds a B.A. degree in Mass Communications from the University of South Florida.
Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Management
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Senior Executive Assistant & Deputy Chief of Staff
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airpors (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Cash Management
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Commodities Management
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Management and Project Administration
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Public & Customer Relations
- Terminal Maintenance
- Utilities Maintenance