Evelyn Campos joined the Miami-Dade Aviation Department in August 2008 as the Division Director of Professional Compliance, responsible for planning, coordinating and performing audits, analytical reviews and organizational studies of the internal practices and operations of the Department. Her duties include supervising a division that analyzes the Department's internal revenue and expenditure controls, administrative practices and use of capital facilities, and developing conclusions that address the adequacy of the Department's management controls and compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
She is also responsible for periodically evaluating Department performance in relation to its goals and objectives and to develop or revise existing policies and procedures as necessary.
Before joining the Aviation Department, Campos served as Audit Supervisor for Miami-Dade County's Audit and Management Services Department from 1993 to 2008, responsible for planning, executing and supervising all audits (operational, compliance and performance) conducted for the County's largest operating department. She also assisted in the preparation of the Audit Department's annual audit plan and in formulating policies and procedures while supervising up to eight audit professionals assigned to the Aviation Department's audit team.
Her professional experience also includes serving as an Audit Supervisor for Barnett Banks Incorporated from 1985 to 1993.
Campos is a certified bank auditor with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Florida International University.
Professional Compliance Supervisors:
Meet the Leaders
Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Development
- Facilities Management and Engineering
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Senior Executive Assistant & Deputy Chief of Staff
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airports (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Cash Management
- Commodities Management
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Maintenance - Planning, Engineering and Construction
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Public & Customer Relations
- Real Estate Management and Development
- Terminal Maintenance
- Terminal Operations
- Utilities Maintenance