Ken Pyatt is the Miami-Dade County Aviation Department's Deputy Director responsible for overseeing all aspects of airport operations, security, and facilities management at Miami International Airport (MIA) and Miami-Dade County's four general aviation airports. MIA is the second busiest international airport in the U.S. with passenger traffic in excess of 34M per year.
At Miami International, Mr. Pyatt directs a workforce of over 800 employees responsible for MIA's terminals and its four-runway airfield. His common sense, customer-centric management style has earned him an industry-wide reputation for management excellence.
Prior to joining MDAD, Mr. Pyatt spent over 30 years in airline operations including ramp and terminal operations at large airports such as JFK, LaGuardia, Chicago O'Hare and MIA.
Mr. Pyatt holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Queens College in New York. He lives in Miami with his family and enjoys tennis and distance running.
Deputy Director / CFO
- Facilities Management
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airpors (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Capital Finance Manager
- Cash Management
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Commodities Management
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Management and Project Administration
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Real Estate Management
- Terminal Maintenance
- Terminal Operations & Customer Service
- Utilities Maintenance