Melvin Payne is Director of the Utilities Maintenance Division at Miami International Airport, a position to which he was named on a permanent basis in March 2004 after being Acting Manager since 2002.
Mr. Payne began his tenure with Miami-Dade County in 1984 at the Miami-Dade Transit Department as an engineer for Metrorail. He joined the Aviation Department in 1987 as an Engineer III, and has worked in the Planning and Development and Facilities Maintenance divisions since then. In 2000, Mr. Payne was promoted to Chief of Facilities Maintenance Administration and Management Service.
Mr. Payne earned a Master of Arts degree in Pastoral Ministry from St. Thomas University in 1993. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Electronic Engineering from Florida A&M University in 1975.
He is the founding pastor of Tabernacle Community of Faith A.M.E. Church in Miramar, Florida.
Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Management
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Senior Executive Assistant & Deputy Chief of Staff
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airpors (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Cash Management
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Commodities Management
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Management and Project Administration
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Public & Customer Relations
- Terminal Maintenance
- Utilities Maintenance