Tony Quintero, a 27-year veteran with the Miami-Dade Aviation Department (MDAD), was appointed in March 2010 to serve as the Associate Aviation Director for Governmental Affairs, where he is responsible for directing the Department’s legislative and regulatory affairs at the local, state and federal levels.
At the local level, he serves as the liaison with the Miami-Dade County Mayor’s Office and the Board of County Commissioners and is responsible for obtaining Board approval of Aviation Department contracts, leases and other legislative or fiscal proposals.
Mr. Quintero also develops and promotes the Aviation Department’s federal and state legislative and regulatory goals and objectives. Mr. Quintero works closely with elected officials, federal and state agencies, airport associations, consultants and the business community to protect and promote the interests of the Miami-Dade County aviation system.
During his many years of service with Miami-Dade County, Mr. Quintero has served in a variety of progressively responsible operational and administrative positions. For the last 23 years, Mr. Quintero has been with MDAD’s Office of Governmental Affairs, which he helped establish in 1987, including the last seven years as Executive Assistant. Prior to joining MDAD, Mr. Quintero worked in the airline industry at Miami International Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Mr. Quintero is active in various professional associations, including Airports Council International and the Florida Airports Council. Mr. Quintero graduated Magna Cum Laude with a bachelor’s degree in public administration from Barry University.
Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Management
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Senior Executive Assistant & Deputy Chief of Staff
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airpors (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Cash Management
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Commodities Management
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Management and Project Administration
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Public & Customer Relations
- Terminal Maintenance
- Utilities Maintenance