Tony Quintero, a 38-year veteran with the Miami-Dade Aviation Department (MDAD), was appointed in March 2010 to serve as the Associate Aviation Director for Governmental Affairs, where he is responsible for directing the Department’s legislative and regulatory affairs at the local, state and federal levels.
At the local level, he serves as the liaison with the Miami-Dade County Mayor’s Office and the Board of County Commissioners and is responsible for obtaining Board approval of Aviation Department contracts, leases and other legislative or fiscal proposals.
Mr. Quintero also develops and promotes the Aviation Department’s federal and state legislative and regulatory goals and objectives. Mr. Quintero works closely with elected officials, federal and state agencies, airport associations, consultants and the business community to protect and promote the interests of the Miami-Dade County aviation system.
During his many years of service with Miami-Dade County, Mr. Quintero has served in a variety of progressively responsible operational and administrative positions. For the last 30 years, Mr. Quintero has been with MDAD’s Office of Governmental Affairs, which he helped establish in 1987. Prior to joining MDAD, Mr. Quintero worked in the airline industry at Miami International Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Mr. Quintero is active in various professional associations, including Airports Council International and the Florida Airports Council where he also serves as Chairman of the Federal Affairs Committee. Mr. Quintero graduated Magna Cum Laude with a bachelor’s degree in public administration from Barry University.
Meet the Leaders
Director / Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Development
- Facilities Management and Engineering
- Governmental Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airports (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Capital Finance
- Civil Environmental Engineering
- Commodities Management
- Contracts Administration
- Customer Initiatives
- Facilities Maintenance
- Facilities Maintenance - Planning, Engineering and Construction
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Policy and External Affairs
- Professional Compliance
- Program Controls
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Real Estate Management and Development
- Small Business
- Terminal Maintenance
- Terminal Operations
- Utilities Maintenance