Get Through Security Faster
To avoid long lines when you travel, you should consider the Global Entry and TSA Precheck programs. Both programs offer you expedited service so that you can navigate your way through the airport faster.
To get through security faster, check out the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program. It’s managed by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The program allows pre-approved, low-risk travelers to get expedited clearance when they arrive into the United States.
Once you’re enrolled in the program, you will enter the United States by using automated kiosks located in the Passport Control area. The average time for Global Entry processing is 40 seconds. The program is aimed at the following people:
- Those who leave the country at least four times per year
- Airline personnel
- Business travelers
One benefit of participating in the program is that you’ll be better equipped to make connecting flights when you don't have much time.
The Global Entry program is available to the following people:
- U.S. citizens
- Legal residents
- Permanent residents
There is a $100 fee for a five-year registration. You can apply online. Once your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers.
- Slide your passport into the reader.
- After your data displays, remove your passport and look up at camera.
- Press the four fingers of your left or right hand on the scanner. Remove when prompted.
- Answer each question on the Customs Declaration page, and then touch the “NEXT SCREEN” button. Touch “YES” or “NO” to confirm answers in the pop-up window.
- When flight information displays, touch “YES” if correct. If it is not correct, or cannot be found, touch “NO” and provide airline, flight number and city of departure. Touch “NEXT” button on each screen to continue.
- Finally, take the receipt and go to the exit if you’re given those instructions on the screen. If there is an x across the receipt, take the receipt and proceed to the Passport Control officer in the booth nearest the kiosk.
This expedited security screening program is available through participating airlines and airports. Participants are not required to remove their shoes, jackets, belts or laptops to go through security.
You must be a member of a trusted traveler program like Global Entry in order to apply for this program.
Visit TSA Precheck to learn how to qualify for the program,