1. What Types of Information Do We Collect From You?
Personally Identifiable Information (or "PII")
PII is information that identifies you as an individual. In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the App including placing orders, monitoring itineraries, and receiving offers, we may require that you furnish PII.
Personally Identifiable Information for App profiles (App PII):
The App has been designed to help you plan your trips. To personalize your App experience, you will be asked to provide some information about you such as your name and e-mail address. Additional information such as age, gender, or country of residence is optional for you to provide.
You may optionally add your flight details to receive up-to-date flight updates, personalized offers and navigation.
When enabled, we may obtain and store pinpointed physical location information from GPS, Wi Fi, Bluetooth Beacons, or cell tower proximity. The App can use geolocation features to support the use of location-based tools such as airport map views, displaying relevant nearby restaurant or shopping options, locating parking spaces, and sending promotions for nearby vendors. We will not share your current location with other users.
If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information (Non-PII)
2. How Do We Use Information Collected From You?
Personally Identifiable Information for App profiles. We may use App PII:
- To fulfill your requests, e.g., to allow you to order and receive items through our partners or to provide you with specific information that you request.
- To send you important information regarding the App, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
- To customize content on the App (e.g., the restaurants that will deliver to your gate).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII with our affiliates and suppliers to improve our service offerings and to ensure the security and functionality of the App. In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated by us as PII hereunder as long as it is so combined.
3. How is Personally Identifiable Information Disclosed? We may disclose PII:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as order fulfillment, IT services, customer service, and credit card processing.
- To identify you to any person to whom you send messages regarding App-related content through social media services integrated into the App (only when you explicitly choose to use those social media services. For example, if you choose to link to your Twitter account and choose to send a message via the Twitter button within the App, your tweet will be identified as coming from your Twitter account).
- To an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- To comply as we believe to be appropriate: (a) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
4. Other Important Notices regarding Our Privacy Practices
Forums and Profiles
We may make other communication services available through the App. Some examples are: message boards, chat functionality, "profile pages", blogs and other services that allow you to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through such services becomes public information, and may be available to users of these services and to the general public. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your PII, or any other information, on the App. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PII YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE TO THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE APP.
Third Party App
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our App. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
You can stop all collection of information by the App easily by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Changing or Suppressing PII
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or otherwise limit our use of your PII that has been previously provided to us, you may do so by adjusting your preferences in the 'Account' functions for the App. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Note Regarding the Use of the App by Children
The App and its features are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals not provide PII through the App.
Last Updated: February 28, 2022
- About Us
- Airport Statistics
- Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- Contact Us
- Executive Leaders
- Facilities Development
- MIA Fly Green
- History of MIA
- Jobs at MIA
- MIA Airport Official - Mobile App
- Noise Abatement
- MIA News Room
- Professional Compliance Division
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Public Safety
- Reward & Recognition
- Transparency Reports
- Volunteer Program